Kingdom of Heaven
Finally, a NEW movie! Watched it last Tuesday when Eddie was off. We got half-priced adult ticket which cost $7.50 each person. Well I expected $5.50 but that's only with concession and I forgot to bring my 'expired' student card.
Kingdom of Heaven is another great movie directed by Ridley Scott, who directed Gladiator. The cast of Kingdom of Heaven are: Orlando Bloom (the one and only), Eva Green, Jeremy Irons and Liam Neeson. The story begins as Balian (Bloom), a French blacksmith who had just lost his wife and son, was approached by Godfrey of Ibelin (Neeson), a highly regarded baron to the King of Jerusalem. Balian was told that he's Godfrey's son and was asked to follow him to the holy land of Jerusalem. Balian was knighted before his father's passing and was told to follow the orders of the King of Jerusalem and also to keep the peace in the holy land. People recognized Balian by the sword that he holds which belonged to his late father. Godfrey was a very respectable man in Jerusalem and now Balian needs to take over his father's position. Everything went well until the King died of leprosy. His sister, Sibylla (Green) took over as the role of Queen and her husband, Guy De Lusignan (played by Marton Csokas), the new King of Jerusalem. As the new leader of Jerusalem, Guy commanded a war against the Muslims, who were led by Saladin (played by Ghassan Massoud). The Muslims won the war and went on to conquer the city of Jerusalem. Keeping a promise to his father, Balian did his best to protect the people by protecting the walls of the city. The war went on for days, until Saladin offered Balian and his people safety to leave the city and he agreed.
I didn't really know what the movie was about until I watched it. I don't think I did a very good job of telling the story up there. The more reason for you out there to go watch this movie yourself. I wonder if this movie is banned in Malaysia since it's Christians and Muslims. If it is, too bad Malaysians! It's a good movie, I would definitely watch it again.
Today's Sunday and a boring day. Dad called this morning to tell me he's going to Brisbane tonight. Eddie's gone for work, but he'll be back soon for the break. I'm supposed to be applying for jobs now...hehehe...I better start before he comes back!

1 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home