Paycheck
I know it has really been a while since I blogged. My 'a while' is quite different than any other bloggers, it's 2 months! I haven't blog since I came back to Adelaide. I blogged at least once a month ever since I joined but now I've missed April. And that's also because I did something to my laptop which I cannot fix, and I couldn't check my mails for weeks. But it's fixed now.
Anyway, I've watched many new movies since The Aviator, like Finding Neverland and Hitch. I would like to put those movies on my title but I just couldn't remember how the story goes and I forgot the names of the characters and the actors. So no point putting those on.
Paycheck is a sci-fi action movie starring Ben Affleck, Aaron Eckhart and Uma Thurman, directed by John Woo. Ben's character (darn, I just watched this 2 days ago and already I forgot their names in the movie!) is an engineer. Large corporations hire him to 'copy' a new hardware that's on the market to make it their own product (something like a pirated product but he happens to make the copy better than the original). He does this backwards, by dismantling the new hardware and figuring out what all the parts are and how it was put together. The sad part is that he has to erase all his memories that had to do with the job, meaning the memories from the day he started his job to they day he completes it, which normally takes 4 weeks. The real story begins when Aaron's character hires Ben's character to work for him on a major project that requires 3 years to complete. So means he has to give up 3 years of his life but in exchange he will be paid with an 8-figured paycheck. Before he started that job he met a girl that he really likes, played by Uma. The next thing that happens was that Ben's character had finished his job and his memory erased. The tricky thing is that he did not accept the money and he found all these clues that were left for him by himself, before his memory was wiped. So now he's trying to trace back what was the project about that made him do that. He don't even remember that he dated Uma's character for 3 years. It's interesting when in every situation he encounters he's able to 'use' one of his clues to solve it, which leads him closer to find out what he helped create.
Okay, seriously, tell me, anyone. Does my movie synopsis makes anyone wants to watch the movie?
Let's talk about today. I got a job this morning with Eddie at the catering. We were late for work because I had to pick Johnny up from the city which was very jammed. We worked at St Peter's College, a wealthy boy school. I've worked there last year, at the same show, with Ben. Mer and Marcus was there too, but at different location, the school compound is really very large. It's a community day, something like sports day, without so much sports. There were different houses and small groups of us were formed to cater for each house. Last year I catered for the Da Costa house (grey) and this year Short house (brown). Last year it was indoor and this year otherwise. Good day to be outdoor today, sunny and cooling. It was bad though as where we were supposed to set up was quite far away (very far away when we had to carry stuffs) from the road, where the van can be parked. Poor Eddie had to carry so many things because he was the only male in our group. Today we served beef and turkey, french onion potato bake (this is very yummy, it's sliced potato baked in cheese/french onion sauce, I managed to take some home), and a choice of 7 salads. The people are nice and friendly, mostly students, teachers and parents.
After work we went to ate Vietnamese, now I know the name of the restaurant, Pho Hung. Eddie ate combination beef fresh noodles and I ate slice beef and beef balls egg noodles. Combination has got all the beef insides like tendon and all those stuffs I don't eat. We go there like so often last December, whenever both of us worked for catering for sure we would eat there, I don't know why, probably it's still open after lunch hour and it's Asian (Eddie don't really like western food). The lady-boss always take our order and because we order the same thing all the time until she don't even need to take our order anymore. After I came back from KL we now go there once a week, every Saturday, for lunch. And today, the lady-boss asked me if I put on weight. ???
There is another Vietnamese restaurant, Pho Ba Ria which we go to that is around that area, that is actually a Vietnamese town. But we don't go there as often as Pho Hung. Pho Ba Ria serves this delicious sugar cane prawn thing. I wanna ask my sis if she has those at her place. It's sugar cane wrapped with minced prawn (it gives the prawn the sugar cane flavour) dipped in breadcrumbs and deep-fried. First I dipped this 'popiah-skin-alike-but made from rice' (forgot what's the name but the it's the same thing used for Vietnamese spring roll) into the hot water to soften it. Then I separate the prawn from the sugar cane and dipped it in the sauce provided and place it on the spring roll skin. After that I put some vermicelli on the skin. Then I can put whatever veges that was supplied. They have lettuce, Thai basil, mint, cucumber, carrots...etc. Lastly, I wrapped the thing up and put it in my mouth. YUMMY! I go there just to eat this, no noodles. I took some photos of this with my phone but it was too small. So next time when I go there I use my camera to take again.
After lunch, we came back, rest for a while, and then I had to send Eddie to work. I came back, washed the car we borrowed from Johnny and I washed the gas stove. I wrapped the stove with aluminium foil so that I don't have to clean it that much. It's expensive but well worth it! I took the foil from work anyway...hehehe...Took a shower after that, did facial mask, blow-dried my hair and went online, for almost 6 hours already. Felt really bad for not blogging so here I am, just realised that it took me 2 hours to write this blog. Took some time-out searching Paycheck's website which I couldn't enter because of the flash thing. I wanted to find out the names of the characters.
See what I mean when I said "Although I don't blog often but each time I blog it's a LONG blog!" I wonder if anyone would get bored halfway reading this...well, if they do get bored, they won't see the last sentence anyway.
The End

3 Comments:
actually i tried calling you, your sunday from 12pm to 4pm/530pm your time but no one answer the phone. eddie said you going to be at home becos i saw him on your sat nite, he was online. anyway, will try to talk to you another time then.
I wonder if you were online when i called, but i didn't see you on msn so may be not. Or may be you worked on sunday? I dunno lar. anyway ... talk to you next time. Darn, want to ask you about the friends dvd one lar.
your wed, i called again around 12pm ur time lar. but no one answer the phone. you working now?
Post a Comment
<< Home