Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Meet the Fockers

I started today, well, yesterday actually, with washing my clothes and eating cereals. Then I ironed my shirt for catering because I have a job at 2:00pm. It's finger food at a funeral. It's like those western funeral where after the service they will go home and party kind of thing. For the first time I'm the 'fryer'. Normally I would bring the food out but now I'm the 'kitchen' person preparing the food to be brought out, which is kinda cool. I said that I was a 'fryer' because that's the only thing I need to 'cook': springrolls and fish, deep fried actually. The rest of the food were cooked already, I just need to put them on the trays. We had triangles, quiches, satays, meatballs and sandwiches...yummy...I ate some meatballs and a springroll. Well, I did pretty well deep-frying those food. This is the first time I'm at a funeral function. Speaking of catering at a funeral reminds me of Friends where Monica and Phoebe catered for a funeral where the widow refused to pay for their catering services.

Johnny's left us a car and Eddie's off today so after work he picked me up from the shop and came home. I took a shower and then we're off to pick up his friend, Deric, and his girlfriend, Crystal, for dinner and movie. Deric is actually Eddie's kai jie's son. It was a coincidence on how they met up here. Last Friday I went out to meet up with Eddie during his break to get his bank card activated and then went for lunch at this Penang Hawker restaurant in the city. We were the only customers at the time when another couple came in and the guy asking for nasi lemak. By the way I was eating nasi lemak as well...kekekke...So anyway, Eddie recognized the voice and called out to Deric. So that's how they met up.

So we went to Kwik Stix in North Adelaide for dinner. Apparently the restaurant was full and we had to wait like 10 minutes for the tables to be ready. Worth the wait...this restaurant serves delicious Asian delicacies. I had the Japanese Udon noodles which is very yummy. Their best dessert is the Sticky Rice with Ice Cream. I had that last time when we went there with Ben, Mer, Ge and Eddie. The owner of that restaurant is Ben's cousin-in-law.

When we were done with dinner we went to the cinema for Meet the Fockers, which I have been waiting for quite some time for the free list so I can buy one free one! Only A$9.50 for two tickets, Tuesday special price, normally is A$14.50 per ticket, student is A$10.50. This is such a funny movie nobody should miss it...hahaha all the way from the beginning until the end. I recognize the flight attendant at the beginning of the movie also appeared in Meet the Parents near the end. The funniest part I would have to say where the Fockers going in to the RV with their dog, Moses. Moses started chasing Mr Jinx which then ended up in the lavatory and Moses jumped into the toilet bowl and Mr Jinx flusing him in. Bernie then used the fire extinguisher to break the bowl for Moses and then all the bluish water came splashing out from the toilet bowl and Greg using LJ as a shield. LJ is a very smart and cute baby in the movie and it was really funny when he said his first word "S-HOE" (not shoe, read it as two separate words), which he learned from Greg...you should see LJ's face when he said that. Really really funny!

After the movie we brought Deric and Crystal to Windy's Point to see the night view of Adelaide. Just for a while though because it was windy and cold. Then we went to McD's for supper. These two people are really funny too...hehehe...When Deric was trying to be serious asking questions about jobs Crystal just laughed and told us funny things about him. They're really nice people and I'm so glad that I've found new friends.

We sent them home after supper. They live quite close to our house. After that Eddie and I went to Coles for late night grocery shopping. For those who don't know, Coles is a supermarket that opens 12:00am-9:00pm on weekdays.

I've actually changed the time to the time I came back last night not the time I wrote this.

3 Comments:

At 6:57 am, Blogger wHOisBaBy said...

so deric and gf is working there? finished studying? where they studied? same school as you did? green card holder? hehehe so many questions. i call you tomorrow to talk lar that is if I am free and you are available. havent seen meet the focket yet. it looks funny. may be but when it comes out in dvd.

 
At 1:03 pm, Blogger joeyk86 said...

heheh talking abt Friends, that reminds me of something... heheh I saw a book of Friends' Trivia Question... heheh.. looks fun la.... they ask like erm... How did Ross and Emily met? Whats the name of Phoebe's granny.. etc.. heheh.. =D

 
At 7:36 pm, Blogger LiL'deviL said...

Hey, I know the two answers for the Friends trivia...Ross and Emily met because of Rachel. Emily was Rachel's boss' niece who came from London. Rachel was supposed to go out with Emily but she asked Ross to go on her behalf because she wanted to go out with Joshua. Phoebe's grandma's name is Nestle Tolouse or something like that. The cookie brand named after her...that was funny!!! hahah...Am I a Friends maniac or what?! So crazy until comment on my own post just to reply JY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home