Thursday, March 10, 2005

The Aviator

hahaha...didn't blog for a month and now I'm back...I have to write about this movie. Like Gangs of New York, The Aviator is directed by Martin Scorsese and starred Leo di Caprio as well. The production designer was the same person too...only know his first name, Dante. Well, this movie is based on a true story of Howard Hughes, the person who owns TWA (an airline company) back in the 1930s. Before he began building the largest airplane during that time, he was a director who made Hell's Angels, some war movie. I've never seen it before. It was known as one of the best movies ever made those times. Howard is a very determined man and he dared to use all his money to build the best airplane in the world. He even risked losing his life test piloting a plane. Everything was well until he announced that his airline was going international. PanAm's president, played by Alec Baldwin, used all measures possible to stop TWA from going international, including bribing a senator. The senator forced Howard to a point where he was going to give up, but he didn't. Instead he fought back and won his rights. The movie also tells about the relationship between Howard and Katherine Hepburn, played by Cate Blanchett (who won an Oscar for this role). This movie won the Academy Awards for Best Picture.
I would say that this movie is as great as Gangs of New York. Worth to collect.

Was out the whole day so couldn't do anything at home. Went for breakfast at about 10:00 am with Nicole and JoJo at Mosin mamak out side my condo. Had Indomie goreng, one for each of us and we shared roti planta and roti tisu. The roti tisu a bit difficult to eat because it's very thin and crispy, it cracked very easily and all the crumbs feel onto the table, pants and floor, very messy. Then we went to Mid Valley and I got to recycle all my rubbish which came up to about RM3.60. Enough to pay for parking. After walk, walk, shop, shop, we went to SS2 because Nicole wanted to check out the make-up school there. Went to two places.

After that, Nicole sent me back home. I was hungry so I cooked a packet of instant noodles and made it dry by adding the thick soy sauce. I also added two crabsticks. Halfway eating Ju Min called me out for 'yum char'. She came pick me up and we went to SS2 The Teapot Cafe and had a set of Devonshire Tea, both of us share. There's a sandwich, we ordered tuna sandwich, two scones, a cake, we ordered cheesecake, and a pot of tea, we ordered peach tea. The sandwich was normal tuna sandwich lor. The scones with strawberry jam and cream were delicious. I had those once when I went to the Dandenongs with Eddie. So full!

Ju Min sent me home at about 6:45 pm. Ben came pick me up at 7:00 pm. Then we went to his house first because he needed to drop his mum. After that we went to SS2 to have dinner with son, Jill and Winnie. Winnie arrived late as usual, so we started eating before her. She only arrived after the rest of us finished.

After dinner at about 10:45 pm, the rest needed to go so Ben and I went to SS2 'wai sek kai' for 'lin chee kang'. Chit chatted until the place close. Moved to McD's in Centre Point. By that time both of us were busy smsing with Mer. We couldn't talk. So both of us told Mer we were busy then only we were able to chat...kekeke...sorry Mer! When McD's was closing Ben sent me home, initially. The we parked the car at the parking in my condo and talked some more...How nice if Mer was here. Went up at about 3:00 am and then took a shower and slept.