Thursday, August 09, 2007

My typical day according to him

When Eddie is off I would ask him to look after Ethan when I need to do some chores.

me: Please watch Ethan.
him: Where are you going?
me: Do (housework) lah.

I'm really curious of what he thinks I do everyday at home when he's working. So one day I asked him.

me: What do you think I do at home when you're not around?
him: Take care of Ethan lah.
me: Just that?
him: Watch dvd?
me: (OK) Anything else?
him: errr...

On my previous post, Mommibee and Angeleyes was also curious on how I managed to watch all the dvds with Ethan around. So now I'm gonna let you in on my secret. Not much of a secret really...heheh...

My typical day according to me...
Morning around 8:00am - 12:00pm
Ethan wakes up, kacau Eddie and I until one of us wakes up, normally me. Make milk for Ethan. After he finish, change his nappy. Bring him out of the room to the lounge/dining/kitchen area. Turn on the washing machine to wash one load. Turn on the tv (or dvd during 'that' week). Eat breakfast. Make cereal for Ethan and feed him. Pause dvd to go brush teeth, wash face, apply toner + moisturiser + lip gloss. Play dvd and sit on the lounge to watch. Ethan would bring me his books to read, which I would while watching the movie.

Midday & Afternoon around 12:00pm - 5:00pm
I should be on my second dvd now. Pause it to put Ethan down for a nap. Clear most things (like toys, books and dvds) off the floor to get ready for cleaning. Sweep the floor (no carpet in the house so I don't vacuum, it's easier to sweep in the sense that I don't have to plug in and out the vacuum, also it is quieter). Mop the floor. I would play the dvd when I'm sweeping and mopping at the lounge area and pause it when I'm out of that area. Keep dried clothes and fold them (in the bedroom so dvd paused). Ethan wakes up. Bring him out of the bedroom. Play dvd. Feed him lunch + milk. I take my lunch. Eddie comes back for a break. I should be finished with my second dvd now. So he looks after Ethan and I go and hang clothes. Take a shower. Apply all the facial stuffs again and body lotion. Blow-dry hair. Eddie goes back to work.

Evening around 5:00pm - 8:00pm
I prepare dinner for Ethan and for us. Cook dinner. Feed Ethan and myself. Clear toys and books off the floor. Give Ethan a bath. Apply body lotion on him. Put his pyjamas on. Story time (normally 2-3 books and one good night book). Make milk for Ethan. After he is done, I put him to bed.

Night & Midnight around 8:00pm - 2:00am
Wash Ethan's feeding accessories. Prepare the stuffs (thermos with hot water, straw cup, bottle for measuring water, and milk powder) to make his milk when he wakes up in the morning. Eat desserts. Brush teeth. Load up the washing machine for next day's wash. Enter the bedroom for the dvd marathon while onlining at the same time. Sleep.

The schedule above only applies on cleaning day (every two days) and the DVD overload week. On other days, when Eddie is working, when I don't have to clean the floor, and when there's no dvd to watch, I'd take my lunch during the cleaning time and concentrate fully on using the internet at night time. There you go. It is a lot more complicated than just "take care of Ethan and watch dvds" ok!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home