Saturday, July 28, 2007

Boy or girl? You decide!

I just came across an interesting topic in the Australian Parents magazine Oct/Nov 2006 edition I borrowed from the library and wanted to blog this down asap. One parent have three boys and was asking the readers for help on how to conceive a girl. Out of 5 replies, 3 of them gave a suggestion they got from a book called How to Choose the Sex of Your Baby the Natural Way by Hazel Chesterman-Phillips. So all of you out there looking to conceive again, and wish to choose a particular gender of your next child, read along. You may have read about this before.

According to the readers, women's eggs each have one X chromosome but a man's sperm has either an X or a Y. The Y sperm are smaller and faster but live for a shorter period of time (around 2 days) than the X sperm (around 5 days). So as you can see, it's all about the timing. If you want a girl, then time your conception a few days before ovulation then stop. If you want a boy, then time your conception on the day you ovulate.

Sounds simple enough. I don't know about you but since my first born is a boy, I'm definitely aiming for a girl for my next one...hehehe...Happy trying and good luck!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home