Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Please ask before you offer

Before Ethan turned one I was quite strict on the food that I gave him. It was okay since I'm the one who fed him, until we went back to KL last year. There were obviously many people back there who played with him and all and apparently some people, especially those who doesn't have a child, who doesn't know about food allergies, just offered him some food without asking me first. I was just off to the toilet or something and when I returned I saw him chewing something already. Normally if I see him chewing something that I did not give him I'd be worried and anxious to get it out. Then I saw that person picking out the food that he/she was eating and gave Ethan, right in front of me. It was pieces of bun so I didn't want to make a big fuss out of it by telling that person off.

I'm writing this because it was brought up by a couple mum friends. All of us agreed that people (no matter how close the relationship) should ASK for our permission before stuffing ANYTHING into our children's mouth. All of us breastfed our children for at least 6 months and never offered them any solids before they turned 6 months. Even now we still don't allow certain food for them, like sweets and chocolates. So please, if you ever want to offer food to someone's child, be polite and ask them first.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home